What kind of personal data do we collect?
In order to provide the best possible employment opportunities to you, we need to process certain information about you. We only ask for details that will genuinely help us to help you, such as your name, age, contact details, education details, employment history.
How do we collect your personal data?
There are two main ways in which we collect your personal data:
• Directly from you.
• From third parties (i.e. websites such as Reed and Monster and LinkedIn).
What we do with your details:
By registering with us and providing us with details of your background and experience:
• You will be actively considered for all relevant existing and future positions across our client base
• Primarily we will share your information with prospective employers
• We proactively explore opportunities on your behalf within our existing relationships
• We will discuss each opportunity and prospect with you before passing your information on to any prospective employer
• We will maintain regular contact with you throughout the whole recruitment cycle and beyond.
• We will keep your information until you inform us otherwise
• We will process your data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• All information related to a disability, health and long-
• You have the right to withdraw consent / remove your data held with James Routledge Ltd at anytime by simply contacting us and requesting that we remove your details from our database.
If you are a James Routledge Ltd client, we need to collect and use information about you, or individuals at your organisation, in the course of providing you recruitment services. The data we collect about Clients is actually very limited. We generally only need to have your contact details or the details of individual contacts at your organisation (such as their names, telephone numbers and email addresses) to enable us to ensure that our relationship runs smoothly. We also hold information relating to your engagement with candidate profiles. If we need any additional personal data for any reason, we will let you know.
There are two main ways in which we collect your personal data:
• Directly from you; and
• From third parties (e.g. our Candidates) and other limited sources (e.g. online and offline media).
Personal data that we receive directly from you:
We both share the same goal – to make sure that you have the best staff for your organisation. We will receive data directly from you in two ways:
• Where you contact us proactively, usually by phone or email; and/or
• Where we contact you, either by phone or email, or through our consultants' business development activities more generally.
Personal data we receive from other sources:
Where appropriate and in accordance with any local laws and requirements, we may seek more information about you or your colleagues from other sources generally by way of due diligence or other market intelligence including:
• From third party market research and by analysing online and offline media
• From delegate lists at relevant events; and
• From other limited sources and third parties (for example from our Candidates to the extent that they provide us with your details to act as a referee for them).
The main reason for using information about clients is to ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented so that the relationship can run smoothly.
You have the right to withdraw consent / remove your data held with James Routledge Ltd at anytime by simply contacting us and requesting that we remove your details from our database.
How we use your data:
Obviously, our main area of expertise is recruitment. We've listed below the various ways in which we use your data in order to facilitate this.
• Storing your details (and updating them when necessary) on our database, so that we can contact you in relation to recruitment activities;
• Keeping records of our conversations and meetings, so that we can provide targeted services to you;
• Undertaking customer satisfaction surveys; and
• Processing your data for the purpose of targeting appropriate marketing campaigns.
We need a small amount of information from our Suppliers to ensure that ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented so that the relationship can run smoothly, and to comply with legal requirements. We need contact details of relevant individuals at your organisation so that we can communicate with you. We also need other information such as your bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide.
Data we receive from candidates as referees:
In order to provide Candidates with suitable employment opportunities we ask for previous employers / referees details. We only ask for very basic contact details, so that we can get in touch with you. We use referees’ personal data to help our Candidates to find employment which is suited to them. If we are able to verify their details and qualifications, we can make sure that they are well matched with prospective employers. We may also use referees' personal data to contact them in relation to recruitment activities that may be of interest to them.
How do we safeguard your personal data?
We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by having in place a range of appropriate technical and organisational measures. These include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss of or unauthorised access to your personal information please let us know immediately.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
If we have not had meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate, the company you are working for or with) for a period of three years, we will delete your personal data from our systems.
How can you access, amend or take back the personal data that you have given to us?
One of the GDPR's main objectives is to protect and clarify the rights of EU citizens and individuals in the EU with regards to data privacy. This means that you retain various rights in respect of your data, even once you have given it to us. To get in touch about these rights, please contact us. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay.
You may ask to unsubscribe from any job alerts / marketing mails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the bottom of all mailouts.
James Routledge Ltd
2A Hartington Road
Telephone: 07730 662905